- endorse, abide by and uphold the WTA Statutes
- express his/her intention to join WTA
- contribute to the development of WTA
- exercise considerable influence in the travel and tourism sector or other affiliated, ancillary industries approved by the Secretariat
- provide long-term benefits to WTA
- have independent legal personality
- have no record of misconduct, legal offenses and violations, and criminal record or behavior
Membership CriteriaEvery applicant must commit in good faith to
- Submission of membership application. The application shall be signed by the legal representative of the applicant’s company or organization or his/her authorized representative and stamped with the official seal (in case a representative is authorized to sign the membership application, a power of attorney stamped with the official seal of the company or the organization or signed by its legal representative/person in charge as well as the photocopy of the authorized representative’s ID card/passport shall be provided at the same time). The applicant’s brief introduction may include organizational structure, place of registration, registered capital, business history and scope, operational status, size, and other important relevant details.
- Submission of proof and official supporting documents, including a photocopy of business license or legal person registration certificate of organizations with an official seal or stamp
- Submission of other supporting materials (if applicable). Detailed materials will help the Council to determine the qualifications of the applicant
- WTA Secretariat conducts a preliminary evaluation of the applicants and puts forward a suggested shortlist to the WTA Council
- The Council shall form a decision based on the shortlist provided by the Secretariat. The Council discussion takes place 2-3 times every year, with intervals of 4-6 months
- Issuance of certificates to new members based on the Council decision and announcements or official declarations by WTA.
Procedures for admission
For more information regarding membership, please contact:Ms. FAN Ruiqing, Division of Service and Management
+86-10-85166852 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership DuesIn accordance with the WTA Statute, members shall fulfill their obligation to pay membership dues. The amount of the membership fees and payment methods shall be determined by the Council.
- Elect, stand for election and vote
- Participate in WTA activities
- Access to WTA’s services
- Recommend, suggest and oversee the work of WTA
- Utilize WTA’s data and research resources
- Priority in sponsoring WTA events
- Preferential treatment
- Other rights granted by the Council
- Voluntary application and withdrawal
Members’ Rights and BenefitsIn accordance with the WTA Statutes, members are entitled to the following:
WTA members have the benefit of reduced and/or free of charge registration for events, accommodation, shuttle services, etc.
- Member’s information on WTA media platforms and social networks
- Sponsorship and/or co-sponsorship of WTA events
- Hosting and WTA co-hosting of special activities--including seminars, lectures and promotions
- Collaboration with WTA on industry research and launch Members are encouraged to explore and recommend new areas and ways of collaboration and cooperation with WTA.
Cooperation OpportunitiesThe World Tourism Alliance is an open platform for all members. Available cooperation opportunities include the following: